Full Grace - YouTube Top Pics

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Famous Last words

Famous Last words (or) Tales Before The Crypt

A Heavenly Greeting,

The famous Christian, Dwight Moody...
awoke from sleep shortly before he died and said:
"Earth recedes. Heaven opens before me.
If this is death, it is sweet! There is no valley here.
God is calling me, and I must go."
And Moody's son said,
"No, no, Father. You're dreaming."
And Moody replied, "I am not dreaming.
I have been within the gates.
This is my triumph;
this is my coronation day! It is glorious!"

Augustus Toplady,
preacher and author of the hymn, "Rock of Ages":
"The consolations of God to such an unworthy wretch
are so abundant that He leaves me nothing to pray for
but a continuance of them. I enjoy heaven already in my soul."

Lady Glenorchy:
"If this is dying, it is the pleasantest thing imaginable."

John Pawson, minister:
"I know I am dying, but my deathbed is a bed of roses.
I have no thorns planted upon my dying pillow.
In Christ, heaven is already begun!"

Adoniram Judson, American missionary to Burma:
"I go with the gladness of a boy bounding away from school.
I feel so strong in Christ."

John A. Lyth:
"Can this be death? Why, it is better than living!
Tell them I die happy in Jesus!"

Martha McCrackin:
"How bright the room! How full of angels!"

Mary Frances:
"Oh, that I could tell you what joy I possess!
The Lord does shine with such power upon my soul!"

Sir David Brewster,
scientist and inventor of the kaleidoscope:
"I will see Jesus; I shall see Him as He is!
I have had the light for many years.
Oh how bright it is! I feel so safe and satisfied!"

A Moslem woman,
whose child had died at 16 years of age
asked a Christian missionary,
"What did you do to our daughter?"
The missionary replied,
"We did nothing," But the mother persisted,
"Oh, yes, you did! She died smiling.
Our people do not die like that."
As it turned out, the girl had found Christ
and believed on Him only a few months before.
Fear of death had gone and hope and joy had taken its place.

A Chinese communist,
through whom many Christians had
been executed, said to a Pastor:
"I have seen many of you die.
The Christians die in a different way.
What is your secret?"

In Contrast:

A Hellish Goodbye...
Last words of some famous atheist:

Thomas Payne:
"I would give worlds, if I had them,
if the Age of Reason had never been published.
O Lord, help me! Christ, help me!
Stay with me! It is hell to be left alone!"

Voltaire:
"I am abandoned by God and man!
I shall go to hell! O’ Jesus Christ!"

David Hume:
The atheist died in utter despair
with an awful scene crying out,
"I am in the flames!"

Karl Marx:
Was on his deathbed surrounded by candles
burning to lucifer and screamed at his nurse
who asked him if he had any last words,
"Go on, get out!
Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough."

Nietzsche:
Died insane, completely out of his mind.

Sir Thomas Scott:
"Until now I thought there was no God or hell.
Now I know there is both, and I am doomed."

Sir Francis Newport:
"Do not tell me there is no God for I know
there is one, and that I am in his angry presence!
You need not tell me there is no hell,
for I already feel my soul slipping into its fires!
I know that I am lost forever."

John MacArthur..Pastor, Teacher
@ Grace To You - gty.org"
The particular love of God for His own is overwhelming.
It is powerful.
If you don’t stand in awe of it,
then you don’t really grasp its significance.
We ought to be in awe, and like Israel,
humiliated before such love.
He does not owe it to us.
Yet He condescends to love us nonetheless.
If our hearts aren’t stirred with love for God in return,
then there’s something terribly wrong with us."

If this does not scare the hell out of you,
I'm sorry! :-(

Pastor j ~ http://www.fullgrace.com/

No comments: